Since it launched its operations in 2015, Helabet has steadily improved its offerings in the Kenyan betting market. This has helped the company grow its customer base. One way Helabet is attracting betting customers is to ensure that they have popular and convenient payment methods through which they can fund their betting accounts. In this review, we look at the Helabet deposit options for betting customers in Kenya.
You can find more in-depth information on how to deposit money in betting sites in Africa on our page. A wide range of payment methods are described in detail.
Helabet Kenya deposit options
Helabet Kenya customers have a good number of options to choose from when making deposits into their betting accounts. These are; bank cards, mobile money service, and cryptocurrencies. With these deposit options a great majority of customers are well covered.
The bank cards accepted on Helabet are Visa and Mastercard and their variants, including Visa-Tex, Mastercard Texcent, and Mastercard Wonderland Pay.
For mobile money services, customers have the option of Mpesa only. Luckily, Mpesa is highly popular and a great majority of betting customers have an Mpesa mobile wallet they can use for betting deposits. Nearly all the bookmakers in Kenya have Mpesa mobile money as a payment option.
While a range of cryptocurrencies are accepted, the ones recommended by the bookmaker are Litecoin, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dogecoin, and Tether. You can see other crypto options listed under the deposit options.
- Visa – Min. KES 100 – Max. KES 1,000,000 – Instant – No fees
- Mastercard – Min. KES 100 – Max. KES 1,000,000 – Instant – No fees
- Mpesa – Min. KES 10 – Max. – KES 300,000 – Instant – Fees. KES 12 – 210
- Litecoin – Min. 0.01 LTC – Max. Nil – Instant – No fees
- Bitcoin – Min. 0.01 mBT – Max. Nil – Instant – No fees
- Bitcoin Cash – Min. 1.00 mBCH – Max. Nil – Instant – No fees
- Dogecoin – Min. 1.00 DOGE – max. Nil – Instant – No fees
- Tether – Min. 1.00 USD – Max. Nil – Instant – No fees
We will now look at the process of how to use each deposit method.
How to deposit using Mpesa
Mpesa is a widely used mobile payment service that has emerged as the most popular deposit method for betting customers in Kenya. To deposit using Mpesa, you will need the Helabet paybill number. Here is how to fund your Helabet account using Mpesa service:
- Go to M-PESA Menu on your mobile phone
- Select Lipa na M-PESA
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter 290007 as the Business Number
- Enter HELABET as Account Number
- Enter the amount to deposit
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and press ‘Send’
- You will receive an SMS confirming the transaction
The money is reflected immediately in your Helabet account.
How to deposit using Visa/Mastercard
This payment method enables you to make large deposits using your bank card. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Helabet website and log into your account
- Click on ‘Payments’ and then go to ‘Deposit’
- Select Visa or Mastercard as your payment option
- Enter the card details required
- Enter the amount you want to deposit
- Click ‘Confirm’ to complete the transaction
- The deposit is reflected in your betting account immediately
Visa and Mastercard deposits are free of charge on Helabet.
How to deposit using cryptocurrency
Cryptocurrencies are a new payment method that is gradually gaining ground in betting. Helabet is one of the few betting sites accepting cryptocurrency payments in Kenya. Here is how to fund your Helabet account using cryptocurrency:
- Log into your Helabet account
- Click on ‘Deposit’ tab
- Go to the option for ‘Cryptocurrency’
- Select your preferred cryptocurrency from the options listed
- A new page will open for completing the transaction
- Log into your crypto wallet and process the payment
- Your deposit will soon reflect in your Helabet account
For a relatively new player in the Kenya betting market, Helabet has done well in providing a range of payment options that customers can use to deposit funds into their betting accounts. This has helped Helabet to attract more customers and compete effectively with other bookmakers in the market.
Visa and Mastercard are always a popular payment method in betting because they are widely accepted in many countries. With these cards, you can make payments in different currencies and the amount is automatically converted. For Helabet customers, bank cards that are linked to Visa and Mastercard enable the transfer of money from bank accounts to betting accounts. These bank cards also allow for huge deposits to be made, up to KES 1 million.
Mpesa’s popularity as a payment method in Kenya makes it a must for every serious bookmaker in Kenya. You can see that it is also the main deposit option for how to deposit to odibets, another popular bookmaker in the region. Having it as a deposit method will make it convenient for a majority of betting customers to fund their accounts. However, Helabet would do better to add Airtel Money, another mobile money service that is popular in Kenya. Having the two methods would ensure that all mobile money users are included.
Cryptocurrencies are a new form of betting deposit method that is yet to be used on a wide scale in Kenya. Nevertheless, it is great that Helabet is getting ahead of the game and joining the few bookmakers that offer cryptocurrency as a payment method. Their range of crypto options is also impressive and includes the most popular coins. If this is your preferred deposit method then your favorite cryptocurrency is definitely included.
Overall, Helabet has done well in ensuring customers have sufficient deposit options to choose from. The wide variety and inclusion of the most popular payment methods has ensured that just about every customer is well taken care of. All the deposit options are instant and free of charge. From the look of it, Helabet will add more payment methods as it continues to grow as a bookmaker in the Kenyan market.